Model Reduction and Approximation for Complex Systems 2013
Workshop at the Centre International de Rencontres Mathématiques
June 10 - 14, 2013, Marseille, France
This workshop brings together world leading experts from
mathematics and engineering sciences that are concerned with modeling,
approximation and model reduction of complex (parametrized) systems.
In particular, the workshop focuses on the further development and analysis
of approaches for real life problems that are modeled by means of partial
differential equations or dynamical systems.
Relevant research areas are high dimensional and sparse approximation, system-theoretic model order reduction for dynamical systems, proper orthogonal decomposition, reduced basis methods for parametrized PDEs, numerical multi-scale methods, polynomial chaos approximations, stochastic finite elements, approximation by slow manifolds, multi-resolution methods, and hierarchical dimension reduction techniques.
- Ronald DeVore (College Station, USA)
- Charbel Farhat (Stanford, USA)
- Yvon Maday (Paris, France)
- Tatjana Stykel (Augsburg, Germany)
- Stefan Volkwein (Konstanz, Germany)
- Peter Benner (Magdeburg, Germany)
- Albert Cohen (Paris, France)
- Mario Ohlberger (Münster, Germany)
- Karen Willcox (Cambridge, USA)